Jobg8 are delighted that Wolfgang Brickwedde, founder of the German based Institute of Competitive Recruiting will be joining us at The Job Board Summit 2014 – Europe and co-hosting our ‘Insights into the DACH Region’ workshop. Germany, Austria and Switzerland sit at the heart of Europe and at the recent Drive HR conference in Sarajevo Wolfgang shared with Jobg8 some great insights into the German recruiting and Job Board markets.
He’ll be sharing more of these insights at the Summit, so please make sure you’re informed about the largest and most vibrant recruitment market in Europe. In the meantime we hope you find these 10 insights interesting;
1. Gender in the workplace is 69% male and 31% female
2. In a recent ICR Survey these were the top 5 Hot Topics of interest to HR & Recruiting Professionals:
1) Employer Branding
2) Recruiting Experienced Professionals
3) The Professionalisation of Recruiting
4) Social Media in Recruitment
5) Recruiting Metrics
3. In the same survey, employers when asked where they communicate jobs the Top 5 places were:
1) Job Boards (89%)
2) Company Career Site (87%)
3) Social Business Networks (74%)
4) The Federal Site (62%)
5) Career Fairs (60%). Printed media is still used by 47% of companies BUT agencies
are only used by 43% of companies.
4. When looking for a job the top 5 tools job seekers use are:
1) Job Boards (58%)
2) Search engines (42%)
3) Newspaper (40%)
4) Company Career Site (36%)
5) Internal Comms (36%). Business Networks (Xing and LinkedIn) are only used by
23% and agencies are only used by 13% of German job seekers
5. So where do the hires come from:
1) Job Boards (34%)
2) Company Career Site (19%)
3) Business Social Networks (13%)
4) Employee Referrals (10%)
5) Agencies (7%)
6. Who handles recruitment in Germany – HR ‘Generalist’ 34% and only in 20% of cases is there a dedicated In-House Recruiter.
7. 42% of companies still focus on the post and wait for a response model but those combining this approach with active sourcing is growing and 19% now do this most cases.
8. The Top 3 Social Platforms used by recruiters in Germany are:
9. Sourcing is a relatively new concept and 60% + have less than 2 years experience, with only 14% having 6 years + experience.
10. 38% of companies employing 500+ staff are recruiting into Germany from the rest of Europe.
A lot of great data here. You can discuss this and its potential implications on the recruiting industry and specifically Job Boards with Wolfgang and Eva Zils at the ‘Insights into the DACH Region’ workshop at the Jobg8 Job Board Summit 2014 – Europe.
Have you booked your ticket for The Job Board Summit 2014 – Europe? If not, Book Now.